EU opens applications for the EU Prize for Women Innovators 2022
On the 8th of May, just in time for the International Women’s Day, the European Commission launched the call for application for the EU Prize for Women Innovators 2022. With this prize, the EU intends to celebrate women entrepreneurs behind game-changing innovations, raise awareness of the need for more women innovators and create role models for women and girls everywhere.
Women who are ordinary residents in an EU Member State or a country associated to Horizon Europe are eligible, if they are the founder or co-founder of an active innovative company registered at least two years ago. The Commission wishes to award women who have created the largest impact on the EU innovation ecosystem by transforming ideas into new and advanced products and services to benefit people and planet, and has therefore chosen 3 key criteria:
- Breakthrough innovation –applicants should demonstrate what makes their product or service unique, in relation to other existing solution
- Impact – applicants should describe how their innovation offers significant benefits for people and/or planet, and how the product or service addresses a specific societal need or challenge
- Inspiration –applicants should explain how they personally played a pivotal role in the success of their company, and have the power to lead and inspire other women and girls
Overall, 6 prizes in 2 categories will be awarded:
- Women Innovators: 3 prizes of 100 000€ each
- Rising Innovators (women under 35): 3 prizes of 50 000€ each
Deadline for submission is the 18 August 2022, results will be announced in November / December. Up to 20 highest-ranked applications in each category will be invited to a hearing with the jury.
For more information on the criteria and application click HERE.